More than half the population has reported having a dream or intuition that later came true. Larry Dossey has examined thousands of anecdotes along with the growing mountain of research, and brings amazing stories, compelling data, and fascinating theories about what it all means for us as individuals, and as a species. You’ll hear about the fifteen choir members, who just happened to show up late the night the church exploded, and the woman who won the lottery because of a dream premonition—twice. But for Dr. Dossey these are much more than great water cooler stories. Collectively, he sees them as one more clue that we’re all connected, each of us part of a great continuum that extends beyond space and time. He explains, “We are agonizing our way into a new model of consciousness. We’re going to finally outlive this materialistic, reductionistic idea of equating consciousness purely with the brain. There are many categories of evidence favoring premonitions. We’re going to have a model of consciousness that is nonlocal, pointing toward immortality, eternality, and an essentially spiritual view of who we are.” (hosted by Michael Toms)
Larry Dossey, M.D., is the executive editor of Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing, and served as co-chair of the Panel on Mind/Body Interventions of the NIH Office of Alternative Medicine.
He is the author of numerous articles and books, including:
- Prayer Is Good Medicine: How to Reap the Healing Benefits of Prayer (HarperOne 1997)
- The Power of Premonitions: How Knowing the Future Can Shape Our Lives (Dutton 2009)
- The Energy of Prayer: How to Deepen Your Spiritual Practice (co-author Thich Nhat Hanh) (Parallax Press 2006)
- The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things: Fourteen Natural Steps to Health and Happiness (Harmony 2007)
- One Mind: How Our Individual Mind Is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters (Hay House 2013)
To learn more about the work of Dr. Larry Dossey go to www.DosseyDossey.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- What you can do to enhance your intuitive powers
- Why precognition may have evolutionary benefits for our species
- Why having a premonition can give your life a new sense of purpose
- Why the four planes that crashed on 9/11 were eighty percent vacant
- How you can invite premonitions into your life, and make them more likely to show up
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 6/11/2009 Program Number: 3313