How happy are you? Are you realizing your potential in your work, your relationships—in your joy? Gay Hendricks has found that most of us get along just fine, thank you, but we’re operating at a level beneath our ultimate happiness. We do a good job at whatever we do, and that’s satisfying. But something stops us from letting our true genius out into the world. Dr. Hendricks has discovered a “nearly universal human tendency to hold ourselves below a certain thermostat setting of how good we can feel, how much love we can experience, how much financial abundance we can experience, and if we exceed that we often dial up something that brings us back down below that old thermostat setting.” In this provocative conversation you’ll feel your own spark of genius stir as you discover how to make tiny internal shifts that will reprogram your mind to rise above that static thermostat setting, and stop sabotaging your relationships, your work, and your joy. You’ll discover how to find your personal zone of genius where time stands still, and effortlessly attracts the abundance, the love, and the miracles you’ve been longing for. (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
For over four decades, Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. has been a leader in the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies. He served for twenty-one years as a professor at the University of Colorado, and went on to found The Hendricks Institute, an international learning center for conscious living, and Illumination University, a virtual learning center for transformation.
He is author of many books including:
- Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Commitment (co-author Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.) (Bantam 1992)
- Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True (New World Library 2007)
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level (HarperOne 2009)
To learn more about the work of Gay Hendricks go to www.hendricks.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How you were programmed as a child to be unhappy
- How you can make the leap from excellence to genius
- What your worries can tell you about your ability to be happy
- Why you’re only a breath away from feeling good
- What you’re really arguing about when you argue about sex
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 6/1/2009 Program Number: 3312