Representative Brandon Ellington, a Democrat, represents part of Jackson County (District 22) in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was first elected to the House in a special election in November 2011.
- Joint Committee on Corrections
- Fiscal Review
- Appropriations – Public Safety and Corrections
- Urban Issues
- Crime Prevention and Public Safety
- Downsizing State Government
- Special Standing Committee on Urban Issues
- Issue Development Standing Committee on Disadvantaged Communities, Chairman
Rep. Ellington is a 1999 graduate of Paseo High School in Kansas City. He also attended Penn Valley University and the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Rep. Ellington is the cofounder of Voices of the People and serves as president of I Am My Brother’s Keeper. He also is a board member of Oak Park Neighborhood Association and a member of Consolidated Social Service Works, Operation Promise Land and G.Y.R.L.
Rep. Ellington, who lives in Kansas City, was born on November 18, 1980.[social_share]