Growing up in Peru and spending many years in the U.S., Miro-Quesada has his feet planted firmly in both worlds. He apprenticed himself to several revered Peruvian shamans and is an articulate translator of the wisdom he carries. He reminds us that we have mainly forgotten how interrelated all life is. He says, “Between material and spiritual universes, shamanism is pivotal in helping us enter into that state of interdependent relationship with the entire web of creation.” His teachings are about Love. He emphasizes the importance of ritual which, he tells us, begets relationship. He further espouses that nature begets purpose and Love begets life. This gentle and loving man has captured the essence of how we can sustain our sacred earth walk by practicing the ritual of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition. This powerful practice can serve to help us build a life-long relationship with the sacred dimensions of life and all our relations. (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)Bio
Oscar Miro-Quesada is a respected kamasqa curandero and shamanic adept from Peru, and has been guiding cross-cultural, ethnospiritual apprenticeship expeditions to sacred sites of the world since 1986, with special emphasis on Peru and Bolivia. He’s been a popular faculty member at numerous U.S. colleges and universities. He originated the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition of cross-cultural shamanism, and is the founder of the Heart of the Healer Foundation. His works and programs have been featured on CNN, Univision, A&E and the Discovery Channel.
He is the author of:
- Lessons in Courage (co-author Bonnie Glass-Coffin)
To learn more about Oscar Miro-Quesada’s work go to www.heartofthehealer.org.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How his childhood asthma was cured by the visitation of three luminous beings
- What was his miraculous desert walk with his mentor don Celso
- How language and words have power
- What is the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition ritual
- How ritual harnesses the sacred forces of the universe
- How sacred reciprocity of the inner and the outer, the above and the below is needed
- Why repeating a ritual keeps it alive and brings the power of the ancestors to bear
- How he met star beings through the Rama Mission and the work of Sixto Paz Wells
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 8/26/2013 Program Number: 3479